Design—Your Log Home Starts to Take Form
This is where the dream officially begins!
We will help you:
- Create the design that will
fit your lot, budget and personal needs
- Find and/or create sketches that will meet your needs
- Create a preliminary cost estimate for the entire project,
based on size, design complexity, and site
Based on a review of design preferences,
lot topography (from your site plan), and budget,
you can now decide on the floor plans and
elevations for your home. While some log
home suppliers sell “kits” or “packages”,
site always drives your design, and must be
considered first (please click on “Site
We have formed a team of land planners, architects
and builders to assist you with this
and other fundamental steps. We also have
developed a series of our most popular log
homes floor plans to
get you started, which like all Honka plans, are entirely flexible
Call us and we will help you modify our floor
plans to best fit your lot and design preferences. 720-352-7022
Why is the planning process so important?
- Building a log home is a once
in a lifetime decision
worthy of a wise plan.
- Planning room sizes, layout and style
helps you maximize the value, use, and resale value
of your log home.
- Planning allows you to design within
your budget and functional needs.
- Planning helps avoid nasty cost urprises.
- Planning will reduce local bureaucratic
issues of homebuilding in your area, such as permitting
and site development.
- Planning allows the architect and
builder to do their job efficiently, and saves you money by
avoiding costly change orders.